TCIL commenced its Mauritius operations in September 1991. The first project was awarded by Mauritius Telecom worth Mauritian Rupees 162 million and consisted of all the telecom related works in the outside plant (OSP) network. Since then there has been no looking back for TCIL in its Mauritius operations. In 1999, Mauritius Telecom awarded the project (MT/173) for outside plant (OSP) network for the value of Mauritian Rupees 396 Million. This project comprised of 579 Kms. of copper cable works, 1993 Nos. of Manholes and 3934 nos. of poles. It was successfully completed in 2002. Since its commencement of Mauritius operations, most of the contracts awarded by Mauritius Telecom coming to TCIL is an indication of TCIL’s competitiveness and the confidence of client in TCIL’s abilities.
The company has provided around 166,000 subscribers connections and around 53,000 connection transfer works for Mauritius Telecom. It has constructed around 1205 Kms of the telecom duct, pulled around 2688 Kms of telecom copper cables and pulled around 225 kms. of optical fibre cables. It has constructed around 6585 manholes, 9550 poles and 22775 DP’s. These works constitutes a major share of telecom infrastructure development work in the beautiful island country of Mauritius.
Prestigious Projects Completed • State-of-art Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) telecommunication project for Mauritius Telecom with optical fibre cables and SDH equipment installed in a failsafe ring configuration.
• Provided Expert Consultancy services to Mauritius Telecom for the Implementation of Network Planning Software from International Telecommunication Union (ITU), Geneva.
• Supply, installation and commissioning of LAN’s in ministries of Government of Mauritius for intranet system, diversifying into the field of information technology. The following offices / building are covered for this project: -
1. Administration Block of Office of The President
2. Supreme Court Building
3. SSR International Airport (Also provided Telecom service ducts in 2008)
4. The National Coast Guard, Police Department
5. Archives Department
6. Ministry of Agriculture
• TCIL has successfully completed a state-of-the art Communication Cabling Infrastructure Project for the Ebene Cyber City. It comprises of the Supply, Installation, Testing, Commissioning and training of all Communication Cabling Infrastructure for Voice and Data Communication in the Cyber City and Cyber Tower with a project cost of about US$860,000. The implementation included the Hybrid Cabling of both Copper and Optical Fibre (single mode and multi mode) to cater to the Fibre to the Business (FTTB) concept, and associated network elements such as MDF, ODF, Racks for Telecom closets, Rack mountable Optical Patch Panels, Wall mount Optical Patch Panels, Street Panels, Copper Distribution Panels and so on.
• It has provided “Consultancy Services for the preparation of an Information Plan for a “Crime Occurrence Tracking System (COTS)” for Mauritius Police Force in 2005.
• TCIL has successfully completed the cabling works (CAT6 and Fibre) in Ephelia Resort, Seychelles for the value of MRs. 11.24 Million during 2010.
• TCIL is the executing agency of the prestigious PAN African e-Network Project, the brainchild of Hon’ble ex President of India, which envisages providing Tele-education, Tele-medicine and VVIP connectivity via satellite, sub-marine Optical Fiber Network to all 53 member Countries of African Union. In Mauritius, e-Network Equipments are installed & commissioned in Mauritius College of Air for Tele-education and Cardiac Centre, SSR National Hospital, Pamplemousses for Tele-medicine. For VVIP node, VSAT equipment and Video Conferencing equipment have been installed and tested at PMO office at Pot Louis.
• As a gesture of good will, TCIL has stood by Mauritius Telecom during the Hollanda cyclone (1994), Davina (1999), Dina Cyclone (2002), Gerry cyclone (2003) and Gumady Cyclone (2007) helping Mauritius Telecom in restoring its telecom services, winning high praise from the Mauritius Government and earning a sobriquet of “friend indeed”.
Just completed Project Works of TCIL Mauritius
• MT/573/09/11 – This tender was awarded in April, 2012 for a period of 3 years for the total value around Mauritian Rupees 54.56 Million. The work consists of providing New Subscriber Lines, Preventive Maintenance Work on Overhead Lines and Miscellaneous Works on Subscriber Lines.
• MT/590/01/12 – This tender was awarded in July, 2012 for the total value of around Mauritian Rupees 97.83 Million for 3 years. This project comprises of both civil and cable works including optical Fibre cable to the home (FTTH). The civil work consists of manhole construction and PVC duct for telecom cables.
• MT/QN420/11/13 – This tender was awarded in Jan.2014 for the total value of MRs. 14.78 Million for a period of one year. This is preventive maintenance work on cable and civil network of Mauritius Telecom in South.
• MT/631/03/13 – This tender was awarded in Sept.2013 for the total value of MRs. 80.75 Million for 3 years. The work consists of providing New Subscriber Fibre connection to the home (FTTH) in the island. As on date TCIL Mauritius has completed MRs. 82.75 Million (approx.) value of works.
• MT/810/11/15 – This tender was awarded in Dec.2015 for a period of 1 year for the total value of MRs.7.494 Million. The work consists of providing New Subscriber Lines (copper), Preventive Maintenance Work on Overhead Lines and Miscellaneous Works on Subscriber Lines. TCIL Mauritius completed the project in May,2016.
• MT/834/04/16 – Work was awarded in July 2016 for 17 million followed by 2nd PO of 3 million for clearance of OH copper faults on customer lines.
• MT/679/07/14 – This tender was awarded in Dec.2014 for the total value of MRs. 63.98 Million for 3 years. The work consists of providing New Fibre Cables for connecting the home with fibre (FTTH) in the island.
• MT/670/06/14 – This tender was awarded to TCIL Mauritius in Dec.2014 for the period of three years. The work consists of Emergency repairs on Fibre network round the clock in Mauritius. First year PO value of MRs. 4.21 Million was completed in Apr.2016 and 2nd year PO for the same value has been issued in May, 2016.
• MT/832/02/16 – This tender was awarded in May, 2016 for the value of MRs. 22.801 Million for one year. The work consists of Curative Maintenance of Cables (Copper) in Mauritius.
• MT/868/12/2016 – awarded in Feb 2017 for Fault clearing on subscriber lines for MRs 21.3 million.
• MT/856/07/2016 – The work was awarded in Oct 2016 for MRs 7.7 million for Repair and Maintenance of ODN FTTx Network.
Present Projects’ Scenario
TCIL is currently executing following projects for Mauritius Telecom:
• MT 903/11/2017 – Awarded in Dec 2018. The project envisages emergency repair of fiber network at short notice round the clock. Project value is MRs 39 million.
• MT 893/07/2017 – Fiber connection works in large buildings and individual houses. Project value is MRs 7.9 million.
• MT/665/04/14 – This tender was awarded in October, 2014 for 3 years. This project comprises of both civil and copper cable works. The civil work consists of manhole construction and PVC duct for telecom cables. Total PO value is MRs. 35 Million.
• Supply of Anchoring Clamps: This supply order was awarded in Dec 2017 for the total value of MRs 27 million.