TCIL commenced its Ethiopia operations in September 1998. The first turnkey project for construction of Outside Plant Network for Nifas Silk Area of Addis Ababa was awarded by FJITSU, JAPAN for Ethio-Telecom which was then known as Ethiopia Telecom Corporation (ETC) worth of USD 2.9 Million.
TCIL Ethiopia has been part of many prestigious projects like:
1. ETC awarded a contract to TCIL for a value of about USD 2.9 million for Outside Plant Network for Nifas Silk Area on turnkey basis. The work has been completed.
2. Two contracts for OSP networks in Nazreth and Dire Dawa for a value of about USD 7.1 million have been completed.
3. Supply of various equipments to Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) for their domestic satellite earth stations.
4. Supply of IDR Modems to Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) for their domestic satellite earth stations.
5. Supply of DTH Equipments Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) for their “SchoolNet” DTH project.
6. Supply VSAT Antenna systems to Ethiopia Telecommunications Corporation (ETC).
7. TCIL secured a sub-contract from ITOCHU Corporation, Japan for SDH Microwave Transmission Project for Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation (ETC) OF USD 3.5 million.
8. Work of SDH Optical Fibre and Microwave Inter Exchange Project of USD 1.2 million.
9. Supply and Supervision of small capacity Digital UHF System for a value of USD 2.7 million.
10. Consultancy project of “The Development of National Network master plan” of Ethiopia in 2007-2008.
11. TCIL executed the Govt. of India flagship prestigious pilot project of Pan African e-Network Project 2006-2008.